I’m Frances, a professionally trained bridal & editorial hair and makeup artist working across the South of England. Having been in the industry for 7 years my previous clientele have included brides, models, actors, presenters, singers and members of the aristocracy primarily throughout Hampshire (New Forest), Dorset, Surrey, West Sussex, Wiltshire and London. A regular contributor to national and international wedding magazines and blogs, including high fashion shoots for Sunseeker lifestyle magazine & milliner Vivien Sheriff – my work has been seen across the world and celebrated for its emphasis on luxury beauty. I have been lucky enough to work and train at the highest level of expertise and have been a recent student of The Kristina Gasperas Academy, Jo Irving of Jo Loves Hair fame and The Bridal Stylists, of which I am a gold stylist for the Hampshire area.
So excited to be featured in the current Spring issue of County Wedding Magazines ‘Your Hampshire & Dorset Wedding’ – the team have all patiently waited to be featured in the right publication, as we wanted to reflect the joyous spring/summer vibe of the shoot. We all feel this has landed when it’s needed most, to cheer couples up and inspire! ✨ Get your free online copy HERE x
Squad… Hale Park Weddings Charlotte Wise Photography Kelly Spence – Bridal Accessory Design Hannah Elizabeth Bridal Frances Moore HMUA JMS Hair Design Jo Hicks Flowers Peony & Rose Wedding Stationery Fabulous Company Sparkle Bakes Rachel Simpson Shoes with model Sophie Waldron -Model
My diary is very much open for the next two years – especially to those couples who have had to postpone this year! You can use the contact form on my website, or email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to book… Chin up my lovelies we’ll get through this! x
Today’s question revolves around the vulgar subject of money. While the hire of a makeup artist is properly going to be your least expensive purchase, a lot of brides are still curious to know what they’re getting for their money. A fair question. So without further ado:
1. Training. Any makeup artist worth his/her salt will have received a level of training when starting to develop their necessary skills and will continue this training whether by attending more courses, events or seminars to expand these expertise.
2. Experience. This is probably the main factor in how much a makeup artist will charge. Over the four years I have been in the wedding industry, I have worked with many different bridal clients, their bridesmaids and mothers – meaning I have experience working with different skin types, ethnicity and varying ages. I know what will look gorgeous on a bride in her 20’s and sophisticated on a lady in her 60’s and the differences required in products and technique.
3. The makeup kit. I spend about 80% of any earnings on maintaining my makeup kit. This includes regularly purchasing new products, replacing short term usage products such as mascaras, the constant buying of false eyelashes and maintaining the brushes.
4. Travel. Not the most glamorous part of the job but obviously a necessity. Please note I would be more than happy to travel to your wedding if you’re getting married in the Bahamas!
5. And finally, you wouldn’t believe the time I spend filling out paperwork! x
Getting married in 2020 and still need a makeup artist to compliment your big day? Then get in touch either via my website’s contact page, or by sending me an email to email@example.com ✨
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the contact form on my website to book!
Saturday 18th July | Saturday 25th July | Saturday 29th August
On Sunday 8th March The Montagu Arms Hotel are holding their wedding showcase. If you’re free on this date then I would highly recommend a visit to this gorgeous cosy venue. And whilst I will not be there in person, my details will be available to pick up along with many other wedding suppliers x
Saturday 23rd May | Saturday 18th July | Saturday 29th August | Saturday 31st October
To book any of these dates please email email@example.com, or send me a message through my contact form on my website. Please note that some Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays are still available, so if unsure do just ask!