Saturday 23rd May | Saturday 18th July | Saturday 29th August | Saturday 31st October
To book any of these dates please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send me a message through my contact form on my website. Please note that some Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays are still available, so if unsure do just ask!
When clients see someone like myself who is both skilled in makeup and hair styling – there seems to be a little reluctance in being able to freely ask whether I wouldn’t mind doing just makeup or just hair. In fact I don’t mind at all – I’m just excited to be a part of your big day and if by my doing a gorgeous cat-flick, or a soft tousled up-do you feel completely fierce and ready for your red carpet moment then I don’t mind at all!
If you are confident in applying your own makeup, but need a little assistance in the hairstyling department then always feel you can contact me and discuss your requirements. What really helps, when discussing hairstyles on email, is to tell me of any hair pieces you have purchased and want to wear or if you have decided to go for a veil and the setting this has. For example, does the veil have a comb attached or clips? Also, send me any images of styles you like to get a sense of what you’re after. If you have no idea of what you want then don’t panic – we can always discuss this at your trial. Lastly, you will need to send me a description of your own hair and any images of it’s condition, length and colour.
Top Tip – My top tip when searching for wedding hairstyles you like is to try and find styles that are very similar in colour to your own hair and the same length. That way you will not be disappointed when the same style in blonde doesn’t look quite the same as in brown hair.
Bridal makeup by its very nature is not like everyday makeup. This is because of two things; 1) it has to be photo-ready or photogenic 2) it has to last at least 16 hours in different temperatures and under varying pressures. Therefore, it will most certainly be more products than you’re used to applying on a daily basis. So something to consider when deciding on hiring a makeup artist for your wedding, is whether you like to wear makeup and how much do you like applied? Sounds like a pretty obvious question, but you’d be surprised how many of my clients are a little tentative with the amount of products needed to produce a relatively ‘natural’ makeup look!
This is most evident at the makeup trial when I create a bespoke bridal design for a client, and there initially reaction is shock – not because the makeup is awful or anything! It is entirely down to the fact that they are seeing the makeup out of context without having their hair styled or their wedding gown on to counter balance the look. And that is where the skill and experience of a makeup artist lies, in knowing where that line is without everything wedding related around them. It can feel like a lot of makeup when you’re in jeans and a T-shirt at your makeup trial – but believe me on the wedding day when you’re wearing the most stunning wedding gown, your is hair styled and with a stunning bouquet held at your waist it will not feel like you’ve overdone the foundation! x
Getting married in 2020 and still need a hair and makeup artist to compliment your big day? Then get in touch either via my website’s contact page, or by sending me an email to email@example.com £100 deposit secures your special date x
One of my most favourite New Forest wedding venue’s is Hale Park Weddings, located in stunning Fordingbride. If you are still searching for your perfect country venue, then please let me encourage you to add this gem to your search list ✨
‘Neighbour to the River Avon and with the local village church conveniently a minute’s walk away from the main house, this unique venue has it all and more. The house itself is very classic in its design providing a romantic setting that is also so very versatile. The sheer breathtaking beauty of its grounds are highly reminiscent of a French châteaux.’
I love a Christmas wedding, having had my own wedding at this time 8 years ago now! So when Sara asked me to provide services of hair and makeup for her festive wedding I was delighted.
Sara, not one for wearing makeup or having her hair styled very often, wanted me to create a really delicate makeup design using silvers and greys through the eyes. The key words were soft and light, so I went in with a really gentle touch. As Sara has a half shaved style with platinum blonde locks to one side, I just added a subtle wave to soften the general look and provide a more traditional ‘bridal’ look with Sara’s signature modern stance.
“Thank you so much for making me feel like a princess yesterday, I’ve never been lucky enough to look in the mirror and like what I’ve seen before!
Roo’s face when she saw me was a picture and I will never be able to thank you enough for making me feel so special.
Yes, the big question… should you hire a makeup artist for your wedding? It’s a question every bride puts to themselves – shortly followed by the follow up question… or can I get away with it myself? Often I think the answer is in the ‘get away with’ part. Do you really want your wedding makeup to be something you ‘get away with’? If you’re at that stage of questioning, then here are my top 5 reasons for booking a professional make up artist for your wedding.
1. Your wedding day is not a day for ‘everyday’ makeup. You’re going to be photographed all day – and not just by a professional wedding photographer. Remember your friends and family are all equipped with cameras too. Whether it’s for photographs using natural or flash photography or meeting your guests in sunshine or by candlelight, professionally applied makeup will translate well to all mediums.
2. Do you have a million different bridal looks on Pinterest and still can’t decide what to choose? A makeup artist can translate these looks, picking out key elements that will compliment your wedding gown, hairstyle, theme and colour scheme.
3. Makeup artists know skin (!) and we can help identify the areas that may become an issue on the big day. For example, that patch of dry skin or the potential breakout that you don’t know how to deal with? We can quickly analyse the condition of the skin and give you advice on the steps you could take to avoid future problems. It’s just one less thing to worry about… and it’s all part of the service.
4. Much as I hate to admit it, weddings can be stressful! And no one would blame you for feeling a bit nervous on the big day. Having a makeup artist means there will always be a steady hand to apply that cat flick eyeliner or tackle those false eyelashes. And we’ll always have a tissue nearby as well in case things get a bit teary!
5. OK, and this is the big one: hiring a makeup artist is not cheap! But you’ve spent oodles on that gorgeous wedding venue and catering, an eye watering amount on that perfect wedding gown… why skimp on yourself? It is your wedding after all! This is your chance to be pampered by the professionals so sit back and enjoy it!