Saturday 23rd May | Saturday 18th July | Saturday 29th August | Saturday 31st October
To book any of these dates please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send me a message through my contact form on my website. Please note that some Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays are still available, so if unsure do just ask!
A very common worry among brides (when considering to hire a makeup artist) is that they will not look like themselves, or that they will be too heavily made up. There isn’t a bride alive who doesn’t want that pleasant in-take of breath when she enters the room, and see’s her guests and partner for the first time. You want to be breathtaking for all the right reasons, and any makeup artist worth her salt will always strive to help create that moment for you. Here are a few myth busters to help you make your choice.
1. One of the most common fears surrounding hiring a makeup artist, is that you will be made to look too heavily ‘made up’ and covered in foundation. Believe me, no one wants that! True, we will use slightly more products than than your usual everyday look, but that is only because the makeup design has to work well for meeting guests, different lighting effects, professional photographs and lasting the distance on what is a joyful – but long day.
2. At the makeup trial you will be asked what is usual for you in terms of your everyday look, and what products you like to use. That way we can design something that is very typically you, yet slightly tweaked to be the very best version of yourself. A makeup artist is not there to experiment and try out the latest trends on you (only if you want to though!) We’re here to give a guiding hand to create something that is uniquely you, yet translates well to all mediums.
3. Ok, yes we use a lot more products than you’re used to. There are eye primers, facial primers, an array of eyeshadows, setting sprays, vitamin sprays the list is endless. But we only use what we need to, to achieve that flawless base or that gorgeous smokey eye – the key is thin build-able layers that just looks seamless in it’s execution. Basically, don’t panic when I open the makeup kit!
Yes, the big question… should you hire a makeup artist for your wedding? It’s a question every bride puts to themselves – shortly followed by the follow up question… or can I get away with it myself? Often I think the answer is in the ‘get away with’ part. Do you really want your wedding makeup to be something you ‘get away with’? If you’re at that stage of questioning, then here are my top 5 reasons for booking a professional make up artist for your wedding.
1. Your wedding day is not a day for ‘everyday’ makeup. You’re going to be photographed all day – and not just by a professional wedding photographer. Remember your friends and family are all equipped with cameras too. Whether it’s for photographs using natural or flash photography or meeting your guests in sunshine or by candlelight, professionally applied makeup will translate well to all mediums.
2. Do you have a million different bridal looks on Pinterest and still can’t decide what to choose? A makeup artist can translate these looks, picking out key elements that will compliment your wedding gown, hairstyle, theme and colour scheme.
3. Makeup artists know skin (!) and we can help identify the areas that may become an issue on the big day. For example, that patch of dry skin or the potential breakout that you don’t know how to deal with? We can quickly analyse the condition of the skin and give you advice on the steps you could take to avoid future problems. It’s just one less thing to worry about… and it’s all part of the service.
4. Much as I hate to admit it, weddings can be stressful! And no one would blame you for feeling a bit nervous on the big day. Having a makeup artist means there will always be a steady hand to apply that cat flick eyeliner or tackle those false eyelashes. And we’ll always have a tissue nearby as well in case things get a bit teary!
5. OK, and this is the big one: hiring a makeup artist is not cheap! But you’ve spent oodles on that gorgeous wedding venue and catering, an eye watering amount on that perfect wedding gown… why skimp on yourself? It is your wedding after all! This is your chance to be pampered by the professionals so sit back and enjoy it!
I know what you’re thinking… easier said than done! Staying calm on the morning of your wedding can be a bit of a challenge – with co-ordinating family and friends, along with wedding suppliers popping in and out it can be difficult to take a few minutes for yourself. But take those minutes you must! Here are a few tips for keeping your cool and handling all those preparation tasks.
1. Try and stick to your regular morning routine – whether that is having a shower, practising yoga, mediation or having a quick jog or swim. By keeping to your regular daily routine you’ll feel more at ease and focused for the big day ahead.
2. Light a relaxing candle, with a scent that means something to you. Scent is a powerful tool, and can transport you to a calmer time – perhaps when you were sunbathing on that beach or when you met your beau.
3. Have a good healthy breakfast – something like porridge or a smoothie is a good alternative to a cooked breakfast, which can make you feel a little too full. Studies have repeatedly shown that having breakfast keeps you more alert, and makes you less likely to scoff high sugar snacks throughout the day.
4. Make sure to have an ’emergency wedding kit’ prepared for the morning. Good things to have in it are: Safety pins, headache & heartburn pills, mini sewing kit, tights, bobby pins, stain removal, women’s personal items, toothbrush & toothpaste and q-tips.
5. Make yourself (and others) a schedule of the morning. Note down when everyone is arriving – friends, family and when you’re expecting wedding suppliers to arrive and depart. Make sure to have everyones contact details, and let them know when you are expecting them too.
If you do start to feel overly stressed, just remember this is your special day ;))