Brace yourselves ladies – this one’s a bit controversial! If a friend offers to do your make up for your wedding it is obviously a beautiful gesture and is always done with the best intentions. Unfortunately, sometimes the pressure of the occasion just hits home and they pull out or the friend can no longer attend the wedding – usually because of the pressure of the occasion! Here are a few things to consider when asking should a friend to do your wedding makeup.
1. Your friend is amazing at makeup and has agreed to do the makeup for you and your bridesmaids for free as a gift. But is that same person attending your wedding? Will they have time to get ready themselves?
2. Will your friend by using her own make up or will she be using products that are designed for your skin type and colour?
3. Have you had a makeup trial with your friend and discussed the look you want, ensuring it will complement your dress, colour scheme and theme?
4. Worst case scenario here: your friend has done a wonderful look… but you hate it! How do you break the news? Sorry, that one’s a bit bleak but I’ve seen it happen and it can put a real dampener on your big day.
5. Remember to get your friend a lovely present to say thank you for being part of your big day.