How to clean your makeup brushes
* Invest in a special makeup cleaning glove, like those from Sigma. They come in left and right handed, and makes cleaning your brushes easier as you apply your brush shampoo on the palm and work this into the brush. Sigma brush cleaning glove
* Try to wash your brushes under hot to boiling water under a free flowing tap, rather than letting them sit in a jug with water – as this can destroy the bristles. Use the hot water to kill bacteria, but just be careful of your fingers and remember to be safe around hot water.
* Use any type of shampoo to clean the brushes, I personally use Bed Head Tigi in Straightening as I find this helps keeps the bristle hairs in place and smells divine.
* After washing, let them sit on a clean towel or even better over the edge of a table to help the bristles find their natural position.
* Remember to regularly clean your brushes, aiming for once twice a week x