Over time I’ve become a bit of a perfume obsessive. I love having the choice whether I want a light floaty, floral scent or a deep, vanilla base fragrance to match my mood. I know a lot of brides worry about how to extend the life of their perfume, to have that beautiful scent follow them continually throughout the day – so I thought I would comply a top tip list including some of my favourite bridal scents to help.
5 Top Tips to extend the life of your perfume
1. Once you have your perfect bridal perfume don’t put it in direct sunlight, or in warm/damp place like the bathroom. The heat will break down the scent and lessen the quality. Instead pop it in a draw, or on top of a wardrobe away from windows.
2. Rub a little vaseline on your pulse points, as this will hold the scent better on your skin and for longer.
3. Pop your perfume on right after getting out of the shower, and before getting dressed. The moisture from the shower will help to lock in the scent – and putting your perfume on before dressing will stop any staining coming through on your wedding jewellery and dress!
4. For a lighter scent, spray in mid air and walk through the mist. The fragrance will distribute evenly over the body and leave a hint of scent. Perfect for if you have a very heady perfume.
5. Don’t rub your wrists together after applying perfume. This squashes the top notes and makes them disappear faster resulting in a fragrance that doesn’t last the morning!
Top 5 bridal perfumes
1. Chanel no.5 – The classic choice. This perfume has quite a heady scent, so just a little touch will go along way – it is quite floral with ylang-ylang and jasmine. With base notes of sandalwood and vetiver.
2. Chanel Chance – Young, floral scent. Top notes of hyacinth, white musk, and exotic pink pepper – this is a very modern scent, and every time I wear it I always get compliments & asked what perfume it is.
3. Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche – Lighter than Chanel Chance. The sparkling floral is light but long-lasting; perfect if you’re having a laid-back marquee-based wedding and want just a hint of a romantic scent. This is just an Eau De Perfume rather than a Perfume, so lightly top up during the day.
4. Dior, Miss Dior – Playful, young scent. Fresh, fruity, citrus prelude into blossoming a floral scent with base musk notes. A very sweet smell also like candyfloss.
5. Dior J’Adore – Ultra modern & sophisticated – Rose, bergamot and jasmine. Really beautiful perfume, but is very heady so go carefully.